Our spiritual life depends greatly on the idea we have of God. If we think that God is some sort of tyrant that forbids us from doing what we like, then, instead of loving Him and offering ourselves to Him in generous service, we will be cold, lazy and selfish. For this reason Jesus has showed us His Heart, so that we would understand that God is Love. If we love Him, we will be happy. Through St. Margaret Mary, Jesus made twelve promises to those who would love His Heart and teach others to do the same. See how good Jesus is, because after all He has done out of love for us, while we are in debt of love to Him, He still makes promises to make it easier for us.
Here are the twelve promises:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will establish peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.